No. 010 of 207
Who has 2 of these... we do!
Originally known as the Drumond Motor Car Company when founded in 1917, the Douglas Motors plant was in Omaha, Nebraska. They manufactured commercial trucks until the mid-1930s.
This and another identical Douglas dump truck were shipped from Omaha to Mayer, Arizona, for use at the Onyx mines. The trucks hauled ore from the mines to the shipping station. Each had a manual balanced weight dump bed.

Our founder and Chairman Mel Martin owns both of those trucks today. He used this truck in many local parades (as shown in photo on adjacent stand).
Buda inline 4-cylinder engine
47 horsepower
4-speed manual transmission
Mechanical rear brakes only
Pre-War Classics / 1916–1941














